From Tillamook County Emergency Management:
* WHAT…Large waves and hazardous surf conditions. Breaker heights 25 to 30 ft expected.
* WHERE…In Washington, South Washington Coast. In Oregon, North Oregon Coast and Central Oregon Coast.
* WHEN…From 10 PM Tuesday to 4 AM PST Thursday. Highest waves expected Wednesday.
* IMPACTS…Destructive waves may wash over beaches, jetties, and other structures unexpectedly. People can be swept off rocks and jetties and drown while observing high surf. Minor beach erosion may damage coastal properties and buildings.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Sneaker waves can run up on the beach, lifting or rolling large heavy water soaked logs which can lead to serious injury or death.
* AFFECTED AREAS: SOUTH WASHINGTON COAST … NORTH OREGON COAST … CENTRAL OREGON COAST
A High Surf Advisory means that high surf will affect beaches, producing rip currents, sneaker waves and beach erosion. Stay well back from the water’s edge and be alert for exceptionally high waves.