Tillamook County Emergency Management
Severity: Severe – Significant threat to life or property
Urgency: Expected – Responsive action SHOULD be taken soon (within next hour)
Certainty: Likely (p > ~50%)
Category: MET: Meteorological (inc. flood)
* WHAT…South winds 35 to 45 mph with gusts up to 65 mph. Gusts as high as 75 mph possible for exposed beaches and headlands.
* WHERE…North Oregon Coast and Central Oregon Coast.
* WHEN…From noon Saturday to 1 AM PST Sunday.
* IMPACTS…Strong winds may blow down trees and power lines. Scattered power outages are possible. Travel will be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
* AFFECTED AREAS: NORTH OREGON COAST … CENTRAL OREGON COAST
People should avoid being outside in forested areas and around trees and branches. If possible, remain in the lower levels of your home during the windstorm, and avoid windows. Use caution if you must drive.