The Tillamook County Fire Defense Board in conjunction with the Oregon Department of Forestry will allow burning in burn barrels and open debris pile burning on October 1, 2021 at 1:00 am.
In Tillamook County, for the General Public, burning permits are required. Fore residents that live within a city fire department or rural fire protection district, they will need to contact their local Fire Department for burn permit requirements. In the remainder of Tillamook County, the Oregon Department of Forestry issues burning permits during fire season.
The public is reminded to practice safe burning, year round. Please consider the following when burning:
- One person in attendance at all times
- Have a charged water hose and shovel nearby.
- No burning during east winds.
- Burn during daylight hours only
- Ensure fire is completely extinguished when done.
For further information, please contact your local fire district or the Oregon Department of Forestry.