December 10, 2021
There have been nine new COVID positive cases reported to NKN High School administration in the last twenty-four hours. With this information, NKN High School will take the following steps:
1. To complete a deep cleaning at the high school this weekend.
2. To close school for students on Monday, December 13, 2021.
3. High school staff will report to school on Monday December 13th to prepare for CDL.
4. To move to Comprehensive Distance Learning beginning Tuesday December 14, 2021.
5. Any student who does NOT have a chromebook will call the office on Monday to arrange picking up a chromebook.
6. The high school will remain in CDL from Tuesday, Dec. 14 to Friday, Dec. 17.
7. The goal is to return to in-person learning at the high school following the winter break.
8. The elementary and middle schools will remain open for in-person instruction at this time.
As a reminder, the best way to prevent the spread of COVID-19 is to get vaccinated, stay home when ill, wear face coverings, keep physical distance, and practice good health hygiene habits.
Be sure to wash your hands frequently with soap and water, cover your coughs and sneezes, and avoid contact with people who have signs of illness. The easiest site to get a COVID-19 vaccine, including a booster, is at the Rinehart Clinic.
Our first priority is always the safety of students and staff. Thank you for your support and understanding as we navigate these unusual times.