This meeting will provide updates on the Forest Management Plan (FMP) & Implementation Plans (IPs) and will also provide an update on the Western Oregon State Forests Habitat Conservation Plan (HCP) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) process focused on that HCP.
Date and Time: Tuesday, October 12 from 2-5 pm. The meeting will include:
- 2:00 – 4:00 PM: Background information, process updates, presentations, and an opportunity for Q&A/discussion and to provide feedback.
- 4:00 – 5:00 PM: An informal discussion period to provide participants with an open discussion on any topics presented during the meeting.
Where: Please see below the webinar and call-in information. We ask that you join the webinar a few minutes early to troubleshoot any issues and to ensure the meeting starts on time. Click here for additional webinar instructions, tips, and protocols.
- To view and participate in the webinar, go to: https://odf.zoom.us/j/98379788519 from your computer
- Use computer audio or call-in from your phone using the following call-in information:
- Dial: 1 (253) 215-8782
- Meeting ID: 983 7978 8519
Webinar Recording: A post-meeting recording will be posted on the ODF YouTube channel.
State-owned forests are sustainably managed to provide environmental, social and economic benefits to all Oregonians. In October of 2020, the Board of Forestry (BOF) gave direction to the State Forests Division to continue the development of a draft Habitat Conservation Plan (HCP) and a Forest Management Plan (FMP) for Western Oregon State Forests. The Administrative Draft HCP entered the NEPA process in March 2021. Now, the State Forests Division is developing the FMP and Implementation Plans (IPs). The State Forests Division determined that the best way to carry out this work is in a parallel process, running two separate projects. The existing HCP project team will continue with the NEPA process, and a new project has been initiated to develop the FMP and IPs. The project teams will coordinate closely throughout the project lifecycle to ensure alignment and consistency in management goals, objectives and strategies. As ODF updates the FMP and continues the HCP development process, a key goal of ODF is to provide information and engage in dialogue with all Oregonians who want to weigh in on these important planning efforts.