Welcome back for my district updates newsletter!
So much has been going on that it is difficult to get time to write about it. However, it is important to share as much as I can with our district when I can. Let’s get right to it.
Outside of the business of reading, researching, and voting on bills that have been introduced I often receive pleas for help from citizens in our district.
One recent plea for help came from the friend of a resident in our district. One of our citizens in the district was facing difficulties with living conditions and property manager issues that appeared to be getting worse. While I don’t claim to know all the issues surrounding the dispute and am not the person to mitigate between parties, I am sometimes able to find people that can help in that regard. In this case my staff connected with the Oregon Law Center Legislative Advocate and they are now working to get this individual legal aid so they can move forward toward a positive, safe, and legal outcome for all involved.
If you are struggling with an issue I will do my best to help. While I can’t always fix it personally, my team and I will do our best to find a way to move your issue forward towards a positive outcome. Please feel free to reach out by email and phone.
District Video Updates
Recognizing our students
Oregon’s Landlord Compensation Program is designed to provide relief to residential landlords who have been unable to collect rent due to tenant hardships. During the Third Special Session of 2020, the Oregon Legislature enacted an eviction moratorium and established the Landlord Compensation Fund (HB 4401). The Legislature allocated $200 million in rent assistance to support tenants and landlords, which includes $150 million for the Landlord Compensation Fund. This program was designed to provide relief to landlords who have tenants living in their homes who have been unable to pay rent at any point since April 2020 due to a financial hardship. The program will also eliminate the rent owed for those tenants experiencing a hardship.
Participating landlords can receive funding for an amount equal to 80% of the rental debt owed by qualified residents from April 2020 through the month the application round they are applying in opened. Landlords agree to forgive the remaining 20% of the tenant’s debt as part of the grant agreement and as a condition of receiving payment.
Round Two of the LCF program is open to accept applications through May 17th, 2021 at 5pm. This application round will include $70 million in assistance covering rent-owed by eligible tenants that was accrued from April 2020 through May 2021 rent collections.
Click HERE or on the picture above for the directions and application checklist.
Committees I am Assigned to
Use the links below to find out what bills have been assigned to our committees and watch or listen to any of our hearings.
Health Care NEW ASSIGNMENT as of May 7th!
How to Reach My Office
I need to hear from people throughout our district while the legislative process continues so that I can stay abreast of what is happening locally.
Contact my office directly by email Rep.SuzanneWeber@oregonlegislature.gov or by calling 503-300-4493
My Team is here to help!
Capitol Address: 900 Court St NE, H-483, Salem, OR 97301