If you aren’t a parent or have family members attending Tillamook School District #9 schools, you wouldn’t know about the transportation challenges the district has been facing since the start of the school year. Announcements of routes being “cancelled” or students not being picked up or dropped off for 1.5 to 2 hours … WHAT?! Yes, when there aren’t enough school bus drivers, some days, drivers have done TWO routes, leaving some kids to wait their turn. If you’ve been thinking about a part time job or some kind of community service –THIS IS IT!! Community service AND you get paid for it … and flexibility with your schedule – a few hours in the morning and a few hours in afternoon. BONUS – Win-Win-Win: Spending time with our community’s youth, being part of the solution, helping out the school district and the kids, and making money. TSD#9 has outline three easy steps to becoming a bus driver below.
Tillamook School District will help you to go through the approval process. Just click the link below to apply or email email@example.com or call 503-842-4414.
How to become a school bus driver in THREE EASY STEPS:
Step 1: Apply through the district (https://tillamook.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=10590) – Must pass background check
Step 2: Work with Tillamook School District to obtain Commercial Learner’s Permit, DOT physical, drug test, and behind the wheel training
Step 3: Apply for certification (Tillamook School District can help arrange this)
Excellent fringe benefits (all drivers eligible for benefits regardless of hours worked)
- $30/month fee for full family insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- $140/month contributed to HRA VEBA to help offset out of pocket medical expenses
- Total insurance benefit package of over $21,000 annually
- $500/month cash stipend if you have other insurance and waive district insurance
- District paid employee contribution to PERS (Public Employees Retirement System) – TSD9 covers the full 6% for PERS retirement
- 403 (b) Supplemental Retirement Saving Opportunities
- Salary Range between $17.48 and 20.28 plus 5% for the 23-24 school year