SOS Tillamook—the Prevention Program of Tillamook Family Counseling Center, is excited to once again be gathering artwork from local students to be featured in the 2021 Tillamook County Calendar. We have all needed and used the “mindfulness and self-care” suggestions from this year’s calendar. 2020 has been a challenging year with many changes to our every day routines. We are all finding ways to adjust and cope with the new ways of doing things.
MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS – Grades 6-8: When things change, how do you cope?
Using creative mediums (drawings, digital art, poetry, photos) – show us how you’ve been dealing with all the changes we’ve been experiencing. Getting outdoors, activities, crafts and hobbies, new ways of communicating, writing, cooking. We’ve included some ideas below.
From the submissions, 13 drawings will be selected to be featured in the calendar, sent to every address in Tillamook.
Submission Process – DUE by 11/6/20:
- Write your schools name, grade and parent/guardian contact information
- Mail to: Tillamook County Pioneer, SOS Tillamook Calendar, PO Box 1086, Tillamook, OR 97141
- Drop off completed drawing template at local school, Tillamook Library branch, YMCA or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. DEADLINE for submission – Nov. 6, 2020.
13 entries will be selected from the submissions
Selections will be featured in the 2021 SOS Tillamook When Things Change Calendar, mailed to every address in Tillamook County.
Winning artists will get a certificate and special recognition.
Questions or for more information, contact:
Janeane Krongos, Prevention Coordinator, SOS Tillamook Prevention Program, Tillamook Family Counseling Center
(503) 842-8201, email@example.com
Laura Swanson, Editor, Tillamook County Pioneer
When things change, here are some ways to cope:
- Breathing deeply and visualizing a safe, calm place.
- Drawing or painting
- Listening to uplifting music
- Going to the library
- Holding an ice cube
- Organizing space
- Sitting in the sun and closing your eyes
- Sucking on a peppermint
- Sipping a cup of hot tea
- Complimenting someone
- Movement – Exercise
- Write yourself a nice note and keeping it in your pocket
- Dancing to music
- Going for a brisk 10-minute walk
- Going outside and listening to nature
- Calling a friend
- Write positive affirmations on cards and decorate them
- Planting a flower in a pot
- Knitting or sewing
- Doing yoga
- Watching a funny or inspirational movie
- Making a collage of your favorite things
- Writing a poem
- Swimming, running or biking
- Making a gratitude list
- Doing a good deed
- Bake cookies to share with someone
- MORE IDEAS ….=
Share your ways to cope with changes …