Tillamook County’s Emergency Management Director Gordon McCraw said “We understand that Tillamook County residents are concerned about the coronavirus and it’s continued spread throughout the state and nationwide. We want to assure our residents that Tillamook County Community Health, Adventist Tillamook, Tillamook County Emergency Management and others are working together and coordinating preparedness efforts in response to this issue.”
Marlene Putman, the Tillamook County Community Health Department Director added, “We encourage all residents who are concerned to visit HealthOregon.com/Coronavirus for the most up to date information on the coronavirus in the state. If you are having symptoms such as fever, coughing or difficulty breathing, we ask that you contact your healthcare provider first by phone and follow their instructions.”
OHA continues to recommend all people in Oregon take everyday precautions to prevent the spread of many respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19 and influenza:
• Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Clean and disinfect surfaces that are often touched.
• Take care of your health overall. Staying current on your vaccinations, including flu vaccine, eating well and exercising all help your body stay resilient.
• Consult CDC’s travel website for any travel advisories and steps to protect yourself if you plan to travel outside of the US.
Most people with COVID-19 have mild symptoms. If you are feeling sick with mild symptoms and do not need to see medical care, stay home while you recover. If you are sick and plan to seek care, please call before going in for care so arrangements can be made to prevent exposing others. For urgent medical needs, call 911.