These COVID-19 home test kits were made available to our agency to increase access to COVID-19 testing for populations and groups of people that have been disproportionately impacted by COVID-19.
For those who would like to pick-up a COVID-19 home test-kit, the kits are available for pickup at the following locations and days:
- Monday, February 07, 2022, 2pm – 4pm: The Red Barn at Tillamook County Creamery Association, 4165 Hwy 101 N, Tillamook, OR 97141 (enter from Latimer Rd. not Highway 101).
- Monday, February 07 2022, 4:30pm – 6:30pm: Tillamook County Fairgrounds Convention Center, 4603 3rd St, Tillamook, OR 97141.
- Tuesday, February 08, 2022, 2pm – 4pm: Nestucca Rural Fire District Hebo Fire Station 87, 30710 Highway 101 S, Cloverdale, OR 97112.
- Tuesday, February 08, 2022, 4:30pm – 6:30pm: South Tillamook County Library, 6200 Camp St, Pacific City, OR 97135.
- Friday, February 11, 2022, 2pm – 4pm: Rockaway Beach Chamber of Commerce, 103 S 1st St, Rockaway Beach, OR 97136.
- Friday, February 11, 2022, 4:30pm – 6:30pm: Saint Catherine’s Episcopal Church, 36335 Hwy 101 N, Nehalem, OR 97131.
Due to the limited supply, a set number of test kits will be provided at each location, and once the supply is out, staff who will be in a Tillamook County Community Health Center SUV with signs for the pick-up, will leave the location. Only one test kit containing two tests will be provided per person at the pick-up locations.
If Tillamook County Community Health Center receives additional COVID-19 home test kits, then additional dates may be added to the above schedule. An update will be provided when available. Up to four, free COVID-19 home tests kits are available to each household in the U.S., delivered to your residence by using the federal site: https://www.covidtests.gov/.
Testing is critically important to help reduce the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19. If you have symptoms or had a known exposure to someone with suspected or confirm
ed COVID-19, you should be tested, regardless of your vaccination status. You may also consider self/home testing to screen for COVID-19 immediately before an activity to see if you are positive for COVID-19. You should isolate if you test positive. COVID-19 home tests are one of many risk-reduction measures, along with vaccination, masking, and physical distancing, that protect you and others by reducing the chances of spreading COVID-19. More information on self/home testing from the CDC can be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/…/2019-ncov/testing/self-testing.html.
For more information on the iHealth COVID-19 home test-kit, please see: https://sharedsystems.dhsoha.state.or.us/DHSForms/Served/le4033.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1LY9Cp3rft90NNFEZulxv9wFIB2kf5D5AvJbMcIwt76dDZuRTJWSiDrJk
If you do have a positive test result, please report your test result as soon as possible to Oregon Health Authority at: Oregon.gov/positivecovidtest or by calling OHA COVID-19 Hotline at: 866-917-8881. Resources and information on isolation and quarantine guidance are available from the Oregon Health Authority site listed above.
There are safe and early treatment options available for COVID-19 including antiviral oral medication. Some treatment options need to be started as early as 5 days from the date of the positive test. If you do have a positive COVID-19 test result and have mild to moderate symptoms such as fever, shortness of breath or cough, please contact your healthcare provider right away, and especially if you have chronic medical conditions that may place you at higher risk of becoming very ill from COVID-19. If you do not have a healthcare provider, call Adventist pharmacy at 503-815-2341 to speak to a pharmacist. Consider establishing care with a provider using the following contacts: Tillamook County Community Health Center (503-842-3900), Adventist Health Tillamook (503-842-5546) or Rinehart Clinic (1-800-368-5182).
If you have COVID-19 related questions or need additional support, please contact the public health nurse line at 503-842-3940. Calls are returned within 24 business hours. If you are in need of testing from a healthcare facility, COVID-19 testing can be sought through:
- Tillamook County Community Health Center (503-842-3900)
- Adventist Health, Tillamook (503-842-5546)
- Rinehart Clinic (1-800-368-5182)
- Adventist Health, Tillamook – Manzanita Urgent Care (503-368-6244)
We understand how difficult this time is for everyone. We ask all county residents to be extra mindful of choices in regard to gatherings and to follow current public health guidance to slow the spread of the COVID-19:
- Follow guidance on face coverings.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Keep 6 ft. of distance from those not in your immediate household.
- Stay home if you feel ill.
- Choose to get vaccinated against COVID-19 if you are eligible and not yet vaccinated and choose to receive a booster dose if you are fully vaccinated when eligible to.
Tillamook County’s equity plan can be found on Oregon Health Authority’s COVID-19 page at https://govstatus.egov.com/OR-OHA-COVID-19 under “county equity plans.”
About Tillamook County Community Health Centers
TCCHC has been a Federally Qualified Health Center since 1994, providing medical, dental, behavioral, and public health services. Please visit our website at https://tillamookchc.org/ or on Facebook at TillamookCHC.