* WHAT…Tidal overflow flooding expected.
* WHERE…In Washington, South Washington Coast. In Oregon, North Oregon Coast and Central Oregon Coast.
* WHEN…For the first Coastal Flood Advisory, from 10 AM to 2 PM PST Sunday. For the second Coastal Flood Advisory, from 10 AM to 2 PM PST Monday.
* IMPACTS…Minor flooding, up to one foot above ground level, during high tides is expected in the low lying areas near bays, sloughs, and the lower reaches of the coastal rivers.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS… – High tide at Toke Point is forecast to peak near 12.0 feet Sunday and 12.0 feet Monday around noon both days. – High tide at Tongue Point in Astoria is forecast to peak near 11.5 feet Sunday and 11.7 feet Monday around noon both days. – High tide at Garibaldi is forecast to peak near 11 feet Sunday and 11.2 feet Monday around noon both days. – High tide at South Beach is forecast to peak near 11.5 feet Sunday and 12 feet Monday around 11 am both days.
* AFFECTED AREAS: NORTH OREGON COAST … CENTRAL OREGON COAST … SOUTH WASHINGTON COAST
A Coastal Flood Advisory means that tidal overflow flooding is expected. Coastal residents in the warned area should be alert for rising water, and take appropriate action to protect life and property.
Severity: Minor – Minimal to no known threat to life or property
Urgency: Expected – Responsive action SHOULD be taken soon (within next hour)
Certainty: Likely (p > ~50%)
Category: Meteorological (inc. flood)
Event: Coastal Flood Advisory