* WHAT…Tidal overflow flooding expected.
* WHERE…In Washington, South Washington Coast. In Oregon, North Oregon Coast.
* WHEN…From 11 AM to 2 PM PST Saturday, Dec. 4, 2021
* IMPACTS…Minor flooding, up to one foot above ground level, during high tides is expected in the low lying areas near bays, sloughs, and the lower reaches of the coastal rivers.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…The Saturday afternoon high tide at Toke Point is forecast to peak near 11.8 feet. The Saturday afternoon high tide at Tongue Point in Astoria is forecast to peak near 10.9 feet.
* AFFECTED AREAS: NORTH OREGON COAST … SOUTH WASHINGTON COAST
Severity: Minor – Minimal to no known threat to life or property
Urgency: Expected – Responsive action SHOULD be taken soon (within next hour)
Certainty: Likely (p > ~50%)
Category: MET: Meteorological (inc. flood)
Event Description: Coastal Flood Advisory
A Coastal Flood Advisory means that tidal overflow flooding is expected. Coastal residents in the warned area should be alert for rising water, and take appropriate action to protect life and property.