* WHAT…Tidal overflow flooding expected.
* WHERE…In Oregon, North Oregon Coast County. In Washington, South Washington Coast County.
* WHEN…From noon to 4 PM PST Saturday.
* IMPACTS…Minor flooding, up to one foot above ground level, during high tides is expected in the low lying areas near bays, sloughs, and the lower reaches of the coastal rivers.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Toke Point total tide expected to reach 11 ft around 130 PM. Astoria total tide expected to reach 11 ft around 2 PM. Garibaldi total tide expected to reach 10.5 ft around 130 PM.
* AFFECTED AREAS: NORTH OREGON COAST … SOUTH WASHINGTON COAST
A Coastal Flood Advisory means that tidal overflow flooding is expected. Coastal residents in the warned area should be alert for rising water, and take appropriate action to protect life and property.
Severity: Minor – Minimal to no known threat to life or property
Urgency: Expected – Responsive action SHOULD be taken soon (within next hour)
Certainty: Likely (p > ~50%)
Category: MET: Meteorological (inc. flood)
Event Description: Coastal Flood Advisory