* WHAT…Large waves and hazardous surf conditions.
* WHERE…In Washington, South Washington Coast. In Oregon, North Oregon Coast and Central Oregon Coast.
* WHEN…From 7 AM Monday to 7 AM PST Tuesday.
* IMPACTS…Destructive waves may wash over beaches, jetties, and other structures unexpectedly. People can be swept off rocks and jetties and drown while observing high surf. Minor beach erosion may damage coastal properties and buildings. Higher than normal water run-up is expected on beaches and low- lying shoreline.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Unpredictable sneaker waves will run far up onto the beaches, lifting or rolling large heavy water soaked logs which can lead to serious injury or death.
* AFFECTED AREAS: SOUTH WASHINGTON COAST … NORTH OREGON COAST … CENTRAL OREGON COAST
A High Surf Advisory means that high surf will affect beaches, producing rip currents, sneaker waves and beach erosion. Stay well back from the water’s edge and be alert for exceptionally high waves. Keep away from large logs on the beach. Water running up on the beach can easily lift or roll logs which can injure or kill someone caught in their path.