* WHAT…Large waves and hazardous surf conditions. Breakers up to 25 feet.
* WHERE…In Washington, South Washington Coast. In Oregon, North Oregon Coast and Central Oregon Coast.
* WHEN…From 1 AM to 7 PM PST Friday.
* IMPACTS…Destructive waves may wash over beaches, jetties, and other structures unexpectedly. People can be swept off rocks and jetties and drown while observing high surf. Higher than normal water run-up is expected on beaches and low-lying shoreline, especially during high tide.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…High tides will occur around 1 AM and 1 PM Friday.
* AFFECTED AREAS: NORTH OREGON COAST … CENTRAL OREGON COAST … SOUTH WASHINGTON COAST
A High Surf Advisory means that high surf will affect beaches, producing rip currents, sneaker waves and beach erosion. Stay well back from the water’s edge and be alert for exceptionally high waves. Keep away from large logs on the beach. Water running up on the beach can easily lift or roll logs which can injure or kill someone caught in their path.
Severity: Minor – Minimal to no known threat to life or property
Urgency: Expected – Responsive action SHOULD be taken soon (within next hour)
Certainty: Likely (p > ~50%)
Category: MET: Meteorological (inc. flood)
Event Description: High Surf Advisory