Coastal Hazard Message
National Weather Service Portland OR – 415 AM PST Wed Nov 24 2021
…BEACH HAZARDS STATEMENT IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY MORNING THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING…
* WHAT…Higher threat for sneaker waves expected.
* WHERE…In Washington, South Washington Coast. In Oregon, North Oregon Coast and Central Oregon Coast.
* WHEN…From Thursday morning through Friday evening.
* IMPACTS…Sneaker waves can suddenly knock people off of their feet and quickly pull them into the frigid ocean, which may lead to serious injury or drowning.
Immersion in cold water can cause cold water paralysis within minutes, further impairing an individual`s ability to escape.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…High tide occurring Thursday afternoon may bring the period of highest threat, especially over the WA coasts where the higher seas will be occurring.
Remain out of the water to avoid hazardous swimming conditions.