* WHAT…Southwest winds 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 70 mph expected.
* WHERE…Coast Range of Northwest Oregon and Central Coast Range of Western Oregon.
* WHEN…From 10 PM this evening to 7 PM PST Tuesday.
* IMPACTS…Damaging winds will likely blow down some trees and power lines. Scattered power outages are expected. Travel will be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Winds will be lighter in sheltered Coast Range valleys.
* AFFECTED AREAS: COAST RANGE OF NORTHWEST OREGON … CENTRAL COAST RANGE OF WESTERN OREGON
People should avoid being outside in forested areas and around trees and branches. If possible, remain in the lower levels of your home during the windstorm, and avoid windows. Use caution if you must drive.
Severity: Severe – Significant threat to life or property
Urgency: Expected – Responsive action SHOULD be taken soon (within next hour)
Certainty: Likely (p > ~50%)
Category: MET: Meteorological (inc. flood)
Event Description: High Wind Warning