* WHAT…South winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 65 mph expected near beaches and headlands.
* WHERE…In Oregon, North Oregon Coast and Central Oregon Coast. In Washington, South Washington Coast.
* WHEN…From midnight tonight to 3 PM PDT Saturday.
* IMPACTS…Damaging winds will blow down trees and power lines. Widespread power outages are expected. Travel will be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…A High Wind Warning for the coastal headlands and beaches means a hazardous high wind event is expected or occurring in those areas along the immediate coast. Many of the headland areas and beaches are vulnerable to very strong wind gusts that may pose a safety hazard for individuals or high profile vehicles. The strong winds may also cause property damage. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts of 58 mph or more are expected in those areas. Coastal headlands are characterized by high, rocky shores and steep sea cliffs.
* AFFECTED AREAS: NORTH OREGON COAST … CENTRAL OREGON COAST … SOUTH WASHINGTON COAST
People should avoid being outside in forested areas and around trees and branches. If possible, remain in the lower levels of your home during the windstorm, and avoid windows. Use caution if you must drive.
Severity: Severe – Significant threat to life or property
Urgency: Expected – Responsive action SHOULD be taken soon (within next hour)
Certainty: Likely (p > ~50%)
Category: MET: Meteorological (inc. flood)
Event Description: High Wind Warning