* WHAT…Significant icing expected. Total ice accumulations of one tenth to three tenths of an inch. Winds gusting as high as 35 mph.
* WHERE…In Oregon, North Oregon Coast. In Washington, South Washington Coast.
Coast Range – until 10 PM Friday
* WHEN…From 2 PM Thursday to 7 AM PST Friday.
* IMPACTS…Power outages and tree damage are likely due to the ice. Travel could be difficult. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning or evening commute.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Temperatures appear most likely to warm above freezing Friday morning.
* AFFECTED AREAS: NORTH OREGON COAST … SOUTH WASHINGTON COAST
If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency. Prepare for possible power outages. For the latest road conditions call 5 1 1, or visit for Oregon: https://www.tripcheck.com and for Washington: https://wsdot.com/travel/real-time/map
Severity: Severe – Significant threat to life or property
Urgency: Expected – Responsive action SHOULD be taken soon (within next hour)
Certainty: Likely (p > ~50%)
Category: MET: Meteorological (inc. flood)
Event Description: Winter Storm Warning