From Tillamook County Emergency Management – Saturday October 24th:
* WHAT…Sub-freezing temperatures as low as 25 possible.
* WHERE…Coast Range of Northwest Oregon below 2000 ft, Central Coast Range of Western Oregon below 2000 ft, Greater Portland Metro Area, Central Willamette Valley and South Willamette Valley.
* WHEN…From late Sunday night through Monday morning.
* IMPACTS…Frost and freeze conditions could kill crops, other sensitive vegetation and possibly damage unprotected outdoor plumbing.
* AFFECTED AREAS: COAST RANGE OF NORTHWEST OREGON … CENTRAL COAST RANGE OF WESTERN OREGON … CENTRAL WILLAMETTE VALLEY … SOUTH WILLAMETTE VALLEY … GREATER PORTLAND METRO AREA
Take steps now to protect tender plants from the cold. To prevent freezing and possible bursting of outdoor water pipes they should be wrapped, drained, or allowed to drip slowly. Those that have in-ground sprinkler systems should drain them and cover above- ground pipes to protect them from freezing.