EDITOR’S NOTE: It seems that “Christmas came early this year” even before Halloween we were assaulted with Christmas decor and more in all the stores. I agree with Gus – let’s focus on all we have to be thankful for.
By Gus Meyer
I look at the calendar and realize there’s no listing for a day of Thanks.
Then I go shopping and find recognition of Thankfulness lacking.
While I’m a man of values, I am dismayed by the lack of Thanks for life’s values.
My life values employ the societal realization of Thankful life in America.
- A long life of peace and joyous livability
- Dedicated respect to our Constitution brought forth by leadership principals.
- Respect for the recognized organizational structure of America.
- Dedication to the freedoms of choice.
- Mutual respect for the multitude of American’s working for their thankful values.
- The many volunteers assisting all forms of life on earth.
- A stable, well managed, economic financial system.
- Appreciation for the availability of healthy foods virtually year round.
- Ever advancing emergency services with healthy services, and hospitalization.
- The deepened values for transportation modes and all those making this possible.
- Recognition of expanding and advancement of educational levels.
- The availability of real scientists leading technological and science advances.
- Rapid implementation and deployment of new technological products.
- Communications as availed and expanding for life on earth, the world, and space.
- Rapid and personal updating by the many means of communication.
- The values of our natural resources environmentally with economic realizations.
- Furthering science, growth development, and best uses of our many ocean waters.
- Deep appreciation for all utilities with their support technicians.
- The current use of fossil fuels for transportation, heating; a plethora of other uses.
- Sustainability of life values with present and new electrical generation means.
- The freedom and ability for personal ownership at any supportable level of living.
- The ability for personal life growth through educational advancements and experiences.
- Expectation of participating with America’s governments in laws of the land.
- The many joys and realizations of family enjoyment and growth supporting America.
- The ability to purchase desirables from large malls down to small businesses.
- The many choices of recreational reliefs and joys from life’s committed routines.
- The freedom of choice relating to religious values, their growth and education thereof.
- To participate in the form of government by vote choice.
- The participation in planning community livability standards.
- And the many, many other intricacies of life in America.
So you see: Those whom can scrub the day of Thanks from my views don’t deter me. Giving thanks provides for a formidable future.
I will always celebrate my day of Thanks. Please join me!