(August 29, 2022 – NEWPORT, Ore.) – ODFW will discuss the commercial nearshore black and blue rockfish and nearshore fisheries during Sept. 13-14 public meetings in Pacific City and Port Orford with a virtual option.
Meetings are held 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Sept. 13: Port Orford + virtual option.
Port Orford Public Library, 1421 Oregon Str.
Virtual: webinar held using Microsoft Teams.
- To join from your computer, tablet, or smartphone, click this link or type it into your web browser address bar: https://tinyurl.com/bz6xvs63
- To join from your phone, dial 1-503-446-4951, conference ID 714 810 158#
Sept. 14: Pacific City
Kiawanda Community Center
34600 Cape Kiwanda Dr.
Geared primarily to commercial fishers with black and blue rockfish and nearshore endorsed permits, the agenda and presentation includes:
- 2022 fishery landings to date.
- Federal management and assessment process.
- Process and options for setting 2023 state regulations on bi-monthly vessel catch limits, and Black Rockfish Management Area limits.
- Commercial Nearshore Advisory Panel update.
- Input from industry and other interested parties.
Those joining the Sept. 13 virtual meeting may need to download the free Teams app, and those who phone in may request an electronic copy of the meeting presentation in advance by calling 541-961-8135.
Visit our website for more information on commercial black and blue rockfish and nearshore fisheries.