NEWPORT, Ore. – Since the announcement on June 7th, Lincoln County Public Health has learned there are now a total of 124 confirmed positive cases at the Pacific Seafood plant in Newport.
Lincoln County Public Health is working with Pacific Seafood and OHA to notify all those who have been confirmed positive and to trace who has had contact with positive cases.
If you get a call from a contact tracer, please answer or return the message. These calls help us keep our families and communities safe. Local public and tribal health authorities will never ask for your social security number, credit card number, bank account or billing information, or immigration status. (Note: Information will not be shared with immigration authority or law enforcement. Getting tested or getting treatment for COVID-19 will not affect your ability to get permanent residency in the U.S.)
For more information on contact tracing, please visit https://www.co.lincoln.or.us/hhs/page/contact-tracing
Public Health strongly encourages the public to follow the OHA guidelines:
- Stay home if you are sick.
- To avoid exposure to COVID-19, people who are at risk for severe complications (over age 60 or have underlying medical conditions) should stay home even if you feel well.
- If you become symptomatic (cough, fever, shortness of breath) while in public, please return home and self-isolate immediately. Contact your health care provider if you need medical attention.
- Practice good hand hygiene with frequent handwashing for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer (60-95% alcohol content).
- Cover coughs/sneezes with elbow or tissue. If you use a tissue, immediately discard tissue in garbage and your wash hands.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Practice physical distancing of at least six (6) feet between you and people who you do not live with.
- Use cloth, paper or disposable face coverings in public. As Oregon is reopening and restrictions are being lifted on businesses and public spaces, it may be difficult to ensure that you can stay six (6) feet away from others at all times. Please review Mask and Face Covering Guidance for Business, Transit and the Public.
- Stay close to home. Avoid overnight trips and minimize other non-essential travel, including recreational day trips to destinations outside the community where you live. Travel the minimum distance needed to obtain essential services; in rural areas, residents may have to travel greater distances for essential services, while in urban areas, residents may only need to travel a few miles for those services.
Public Health held a joint press conference today June 8th with Oregon Health Authority and Oregon Department of Agriculture.
The public may view the press conference on Lincoln County’s YouTube channel at
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNz5TMyHTN4itpJm_efb9Q or by searching “Lincoln County Oregon You Tube” in your search engine.
You can find more information at www.co.lincoln.or.us/covid
Conferencia de prensa prevista para el lunes 8 de junio, 2020 a la 1 p.m.
Los resultados de las pruebas de brotes muestran un gran aumento en los casos positivos
NEWPORT, Ore. – Desde el anuncio de hoy temprano, Lincoln County Public Health se enteró de que ahora hay un total de 124 casos positivos confirmados en Pacific Seafood Plant en Newport.
Lincoln County Public Health está trabajando con Pacific Seafood y OHA para notificar a todos aquellos que han sido confirmados como positivos y rastrear quién ha tenido contacto con casos positivos.
Si usted recibe una llamada de un rastreador de contactos, por favor responda o devuelva el mensaje. Estas llamadas nos ayudan a mantener a nuestras familias y comunidades fuera de peligro. Las autoridades locales de salud pública y tribal nunca le pedirán su número de seguro social, número de tarjeta de crédito, cuenta bancaria o información de facturación, o estado migratorio. (Nota: la información no se compartirá con la autoridad de inmigración o las fuerzas del orden público. Hacerse la prueba o recibir tratamiento para COVID-19 no afectará su capacidad de obtener la residencia permanente en los EE. UU.)