(Thursday, December 9, 2021 – 12:45 pm)
* WHAT…Southwest winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 55 mph possible. Chance for gusts up to 60 mph along beaches, headlands, and elevated surfaces.
* WHERE…In Washington, South Washington Coast. In Oregon, North Oregon Coast and Central Oregon Coast.
* WHEN…From Friday evening through Saturday morning.
* IMPACTS…Damaging winds could blow down trees and power lines. Isolated power outages are possible. Travel could be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
* AFFECTED AREAS: NORTH OREGON COAST … CENTRAL OREGON COAST … SOUTH WASHINGTON COAST
Monitor the latest forecasts and warnings for updates on this situation. Fasten loose objects or shelter objects in a safe location prior to the onset of winds.
Severity: Severe – Significant threat to life or property
Urgency: Future – Responsive action SHOULD be taken in the near future
Certainty: Possible (p <= ~50%) Category: Meteorological (inc. flood) Event: High Wind Watch