* WHAT…Southwest winds 35 to 45 mph with gusts up to 70 mph expected near beaches and headlands.
* WHERE…North Oregon Coast beaches and headlands.
* WHEN…From 10 PM this evening to 10 AM PST Saturday.
* IMPACTS…Damaging winds could blow down trees and power lines. Scattered power outages are possible. Travel will be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…For coastal communities away from the immediate beaches, gusts 45 to 55 mph are expected.
* AFFECTED AREAS: NORTH OREGON COAST
Residents should take action soon to tie down loose objects in yards. Some damage can be expected from the high winds, especially to signs, tree limbs and power lines. Power outages are possible. Drive with extreme caution in the warning area and be prepared for flying debris.
Severity: Severe – Significant threat to life or property
Urgency: Expected – Responsive action SHOULD be taken soon (within next hour)
Certainty: Likely (p > ~50%)
Category: Meteorological (inc. flood)
Event: High Wind Warning